Anna Marie

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

DIY Nursing Pads

In a rush so all I have time for is photos. Word instructions coming!

Alright. So the first step is to take a CD or another 4-5" round object. Trace this onto a piece of paper and you have your pattern! I folded my flannel receiving blanket 4 times and pinned the circle onto it. After cutting it out you'll have 4 Flannel Circles.


Repeat with your absorbent material. I used bamboo fabric in this instance, but you can layer flannel.

If you want a contoured pad, this is the point when you would fold each circle in half and mark it 1" from the edge. Sew at an angle across the circle.


When you put your layers together, I'd suggest staggering the seams to keep from having bulk in one part of the pad.




Proceed to sew around the edges!

And voila! A cloth nursing pad!

Cost Breakdown:

The cost for this project? Completely free. All the fabrics were donated. :]
However, I've made many nursing pads in the last 14 months of nursing, and I love to buy used receiving blankets...$1 at a local resale shop. Bamboo is $5-$7 a yard, which will produce at least 20-30 nursing pads, so in the end one set of pads shouldnt cost more that 50 cent.

No comments:

Post a Comment